Last Updated May 1, 2014.
- General Statement.
Summer Spark, LLC (“Summer Spark) respects your concerns about privacy. This privacy statement explains Summer Spark’s policies and procedures regarding personal and other information about our customers. Summer Spark intends to provide you with a level of comfort and confidence in how we collect, use, disclose and safeguard personal and other information that we collect or that you provide to Summer Spark, and how you can contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
This privacy statement applies to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you
(“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to, your name, home addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information, and other information that you submit to us.
- Information That We Collect.
This privacy statement applies to Personal Data collected about you or directly from you. Such data may include the following:
- Website Log Data. Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, Summer Spark and any third‐party publishers or Web sites and/or service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used including, but not limited to, statistical data such as browser type, operating system, the IP address or other unique identifier for the device used to access the Site, the pages that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the amount of time spent on each page, the preceding page views, information that you access or search for on the Site (collectively, “Website Log Data”). We use Website Log Data to monitor and analyze use of the Site and the Services and for technical administration of the Site and to provide you Services, to increase functionality and user‐friendliness, and to better tailor the Site to your needs. For example, some of this information is collected so that when you visit the Site again, it will recognize you and serve information appropriate to your interests. We also use this information to verify that you meet the criteria required to process your requests.
- How We Use and Share Information That We Collect.
No Independent Use. Summer Spark does not share, sell, or rent Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties for their own use (i.e., for purposes unrelated to products and services of Summer Spark and its affiliates) without your consent.
Summer Spark uses and processes information that we collect about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including for example: to respond to your questions, to enable you to participate in programs hosted by Summer Spark from time to time, provide you with access to certain services, areas and features of the Site; to improve the Site ; to fulfill and deliver services; to meet a request for or to develop new products or services; to match Personal Data collected from the Site or Vehicle with data about you collected through other sources; to comply with legal requirements; for internal business purposes; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Data or otherwise with your consent (collectively, the “Service” or “Services”).
We may also share Personal Data and other information collected about you as disclosed at the time that you provide such information and as follows:
Service Providers. In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share Personal Data and other information collected about you with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) or on your behalf, such as companies or individuals that: facilitate our Service; provide Service on our behalf or your behalf; perform Site‐related services (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Site’s features); analyze data; provide customer service; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer Summer Spark programs or provide marketing assistance. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf or your behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Legal Disclosure. Summer Spark may transfer and disclose information, including Personal Data, to third parties to comply with a legal obligation (including, but not limited to, subpoenas); when we believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our policies and procedures; to respond to an emergency; to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, any illegal, unethical or legally actionable activity; or to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of the Site, Summer Spark, third parties, visitors to our Site or the public, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
- Use of Credit Cards.
You will have to provide a credit or debit card number in order to register. We use a third-party billing service that uses industry-standard encryption technology to protect your credit card information from unauthorized use. However, you understand and agree that we are in no way responsible for any misuse of your credit card information.
- Access To Your Information; Opt‐Out Rights.
If you provided Personal Data in connection with the registration for a challenge week, you may review and request updates by contacting Summer Spark pursuant to Section 8 below. We will use reasonable efforts to correct any factual inaccuracies in your information of which we are given notice, and we take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
You may choose not to disclose Personal Data to Summer Spark in person, by telephone, by email or through the Site. You may also opt‐out from processing of your Personal Data as follows:
• If you choose to receive e‐mail communications from Summer Spark about products and other information, you may opt out from receiving such e‐mails by following the opt‐out instructions provided in the e‐mail that you receive.
• If you wish to opt‐out from collection of new categories of your Personal Data, from use or processing of your Personal Data in a manner that is not described in this Privacy Statement and/or from disclosure of your Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties, you may do so by sending a written request to Summer Spark (see Section 8 on How to Contact Us).
Summer Spark may change information on the Site and/or this privacy statement at any time without prior notice to you, and any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised privacy statement on the Site.
- California Privacy Rights.
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code section 1798.83), California residents
who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household
use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer
information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses.
If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and
addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior
calendar year (e.g., requests made in 2014 will receive information regarding 2013 sharing activities)
To obtain this information on behalf of Summer Spark’s U.S. operations please send an email message to
privacy@Summer SparkMotors.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e‐mail
address in response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the
Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
- How to Contact Us.
To contact us with a question or comment, or to request a correction or deletion of your Personal
Data, please contact as at:
• via e‐mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
• via mail at Summer Spark LLC, Attn: Legal, 360 Nueces Street #2102, Austin, Texas 78701,
Summer Spark is committed to working with individuals to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy and the collection or use of your data.